Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Books on order....

I have lots of yummy books on order coming in. Mmmmm....

The Accidental by Ali Smith
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
All The Way Home by Wendy Corsi Staub
Last To Know by Wendy Corsi Staub
The Great Influenza by John M. Barry
Wifey/ Smart Woman by Judy Blume
Peach Cobbler Murder by Joanne Fluke ( I love her books!!)
The Forsyte Saga by John Galsworthy
Beyond Black by Hilary Mantel
For Whom The Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway (I'm a Hemingway virgen)
Brothel: Mustang Ranch and its Women by Alexa Albert
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
Out by Natsuo Kirino

The Reading Woman Calendar

This list does not include the many other books that I have purchased within the past few months. Let's just say that I have, well, 51 books piled by the side of my bed, not including the ones on shelves and in bins in my closet. These are all To Be Read. I've said it before - I am a certified Bookaholic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also am waiting for The Accicental from my library. I have read The Handmaid's Tale several times (it is a favorite), and I also have The Great Influenza, and The Forsyte Saga on my pile. I read the brothel book a few years ago (interesting), and Out (violent but good). Nice choices--I have to look up the other books that are new to me.

Butterfly Amy said...

I also love love love those Joanne Fluke books! I've read the first 4 so far :)

You sound like me with books piled up all over the place waiting to be read lol Just last night I moved a bookshelf next to my bed to replace a night table... I now have about 100 books next to me! hmm wonder if I'll ever sleep now??