Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Catching up...

Okay....I'm going to catch up with my favorite blogs. I will be back tomorrow to post my reviews of Peach Cobbler Murder by Joanne Fluke as well as Love and Other Impossible Pursuits by Ayalet Waldman. I will also post my brief and embarrsing encouter with Joanne Fluke.

Hmmm...what else? Oh! - I have decided to try my hand at needlework. I am truly inspired by Danielle's awesome stitching. I have also decided that I must finish Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by two weeks. I have been procrastinating way too long. Don't get me wrong, I really like the book. I think Ms. Clarke is a great writer. But in order to enjoy it, I need to dedicate several hours (in one sitting) at a time to read it. I have definitely enjoyed what I have read so far. It's very meaty, lengthwise, and you definitely need to have a dictionary at hand.

I hope that everyone is well!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back and I'm still anxiously awaiting for this Joanne Fluke story :)

JoanneMarie Faust said...

Good luck with Jonathan Strange. That book was a monster. Very Dickensian in its all inclusiveness.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amelia,
Thanks for your nice words about my needlework. I saw your post a while back on my blog and I meant to email you. Please let me know if you have any questions. Also I have lots of freebie patterns that can be copied if you want something small to try. Have you stitched before? It is very addictive! I have Jonathan Strange on my TPR pile, too. I will get to it eventually!

Amelia said...

Thanks, Iliana!!! :) :)

I have finally posted it. I guess it's more embarrassing for me as I experienced it, but does not seem that bad now that I have written about it.

Amelia said...

Thanks, Piksea! :)

I'll take all the luck that I can get! I'm staring at it right now. I should be reading....

Amelia said...

Hi Danielle! You definitely deserve the good words...

I bought a Learn-to-Stitch pattern so that I can get a taste for it. I've never stitched before so I hope that I do good!