1. Rappaccini's Daughter by Nathaniel Hawthorne - I heart this short story big time. I can read it over and over again, which I do. I think it's just so beautifully written (as well as many of his other works). Pure perfection.
2. A Book of Dwarfs by Ruth Manning-Sanders - My favorite short story collection as a child. Each story is about mythical dwarfs, good and bad. I love the illustrations that accompany each story. I used to get lost in my imagination each time I cracked it open. I still have my copy, although it seems that I pilfered it from my elementary school library (I really don't think that I intentionally kept it). Shame on me!
3. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - My mother bought me a beautifully illustrated unabridged edition when I was around 8 or 9 years old. I remember how excited she was to have me unwrap it. I also remember not being as eager to read it, but once I finally decided to I just fell in love.
4. Bruno the Pretzel Man by Edward E. Davis - This book was given to me by my "aunt" when I was in the single digits (I believe around 6 y.o.). I remember salivating over the description on how perfect pretzels were made and tasted. I think this was my first cozy read. I also remember it making me feel all gooey inside.
6. Archie Comics - I know, they're not books. But how can I not mention them! I love Archie comics. To this day, whenever I see a new digest out, I buy it. I love the fact that my local supermarket stocks them. Yes, I get the occasional weird "are you kidding me??" look, but I really don't care what people think. They're fun. Here's another embarrassing confession - I had a crush on Jughead. I kid you not. I also had a crush on Lion-O from Thundercats. There is no shame in my game! ;)
7. The Casteel Series by V.C. Andrews - I've read this series three times. V.C. Andrews just does it for me.
9. Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor - Amber is a naughty, naughty girl. This book is huge in size and yet I wished it went on a bit more.
10. Slammerkin by Emma Donoghue - Another naughty, naughty girl. If you haven't read this, then what are you waiting for?
Okay.....that was really hard. I have so many more that I can't live without, such as Yo! , When I Was Puerto Rican, An O.Henry Reader, Fruits Basket, High Maintenance, Diary of a Manhattan Call Girl, Something Borrowed, The Ramona Series, anything by Judy Blume, The Crimson Petal and The White and, of course, the Harry Potter Series. They're probably going to get mad at me and disappear deeper into my piles for a couple of years :)